[Annelida] RE: Apomatus timsii Pixell, 1912

Geoff Read via annelida%40net.bio.net (by Geoffrey.Read from niwa.co.nz)
Tue Nov 11 02:08:36 EST 2014

Bastida-Zavala, J.R., 2008.- Serpulids (Annelida: Polychaeta) from the Eastern Pacific, including a brief mention of Hawaiian serpulids. Zootaxa 1722: 1-61, 13 figs, 1 appendix.

The above doesn't claim a new synonymy but discusses Hartman's specimens of A. geniculata and A. timsii in the LACM.
It's one of  the linked literature items for A. geniculatus, a WoRMS record created by none other than Harry ten Hove, most knowledgeable Serpulidae editor.

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: annelida-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu [mailto:annelida-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Reuscher, Michael
Sent: Tuesday, 11 November 2014 8:25 a.m.
To: Annelida from net.bio.net
Subject: [Annelida] Apomatus timsii Pixell, 1912

Hello everyone,

I am trying to locate the publication, in which the serpulid species Apomatus timsii Pixell, 1912 has been synonymized.

According to the WoRMS database, it is a subjective junior synonym of A. geniculatus (Moore & Bush, 1904). I found the species mentioned as a junior synonym of A. geniculatus in ten Hove & Kupriyanova (2009). However, the synonymy is not discussed in this paper, but merely appears in a list. Therefore, I assume that it is not the original source of the synonymy.

I would be grateful for any hint!

Michael