[Annelida] RE: Apomatus timsii Pixell, 1912

Harry Hove, ten via annelida%40net.bio.net (by harry.tenhove from naturalis.nl)
Tue Nov 11 04:21:48 EST 2014

Michael,

Rolando B-Z includes (2008: 12) *Apomatus timsii* in the list of synonyms
of *A. geniculata,* and discusses the reasons why. In 2009 we (tH & K)
followed his thoughts, and I do not see reasons now to change my thoughts.

wormly,

Harry

> Bastida-Zavala, J.R., 2008.- Serpulids (Annelida: Polychaeta) from the
> Eastern Pacific, including a brief mention of Hawaiian serpulids. Zootaxa
> 1722: 1-61, 13 figs, 1 appendix.
>
> The above doesn't claim a new synonymy but discusses Hartman's specimens
> of A. geniculata and A. timsii in the LACM.
> It's one of  the linked literature items for A. geniculatus, a WoRMS
> record created by none other than Harry ten Hove, most knowledgeable
> Serpulidae editor.
>
> Geoff

T 071-5687657, M

Darwinweg 2 - 2333 CR Leiden