[Annelida] Re: R. Eugene Ruff

Leslie Harris via annelida%40net.bio.net (by exogone from hotmail.com)
Wed Dec 6 10:09:40 EST 2017

I'm really sad to hear this.  Gene was a delightful person, knowledgeable, =
funny, self-deprecating, helpful, and absolutely dedicated to polychaetes -=
- all the qualities I admire most. It was always a joy to call him.  We'd t=
alk for hours about this and that, sharing information, and laughing.  It w=
as painful for his friends to watch his health decline over time.  All of u=
s on the U.S. west coast were privileged to have known him and benefited fr=
om his generous intellect.

Leslie

Leslie Harris
LACM-AHF Polychaete Collections Manager
900 Exposition Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90007
1-213-763-3234
http://www.nhm.org/site/research-collections/polychaetous-annelids

Vice-President
Southern California Association of Marine Invertebrate Taxonomists
www.scamit.org<https://blu173.mail.live.com/mail/17.0.6156.0403/Compose/www=
.scamit.org>