[Annelida] Course Introduction to Geometric Morphometrics,
April 30-May 5, Barcelona, Spain
Soledad De Esteban-Trivigno
(by soledad.esteban from transmittingscience.org)
Thu Nov 2 09:53:06 EST 2017
Registration is now open for the course "INTRODUCTION TO GEOMETRIC MORPHOMETRICS- 10th edition".
INSTRUCTORS: Prof. Chris Klingenberg (University of Manchester, UK) and Dr. Jesús Marugán (UAM, Spain).
Dates: April 30th-May 5th, 2018.
More information and registration: http://www.transmittingscience.org/courses/geometric-morphometrics/introduction-geometric-morphometrics/
This course is entitled to teach the main concepts of shape analysis based on landmark coordinates and its multivariate procedures, and how they can be put into practice across any biological discipline in which the phenotype (form) and its variation are the principal sources of information.
1. Introduction: Shape, size and biological morphology.
2. Morphometric data: Equipment, landmarks, outlines and surfaces.
3. Visualizing shapes and shape changes.
4. Looking at variation: PCA.
5. Distinguishing groups: CVA and discriminant analysis.
6. Symmetry and asymmetry.
7. Morphometrics in a messy world: outliers and measurement error.
8. Regression and allometry.
9. Covariation between things: PLS.
10. Morphological integration.
12. Phylogeny and comparative methods.
13. Putting things together: Combining analyses to solve biological questions.
14. Presentation of group work by participants.
Software that will be used during the course: TPS, ImajeJ (FIJI) and MorphoJ
Please feel free to distribute this information between your colleagues if you consider it appropriate.
With best regards
Soledad De Esteban-Trivigno,PhD.
More information about the Annelida