[Annelida] Re: Don Reish

Vivianne Solis via annelida%40net.bio.net (by viviannesw from gmail.com)
Wed Aug 1 16:11:59 EST 2018

How sad! Three deaths so close together: Fred Grassle, Alexander Rzhavsky
and now Don Reish, all of them fine scientists and polychaetologists.
I knew Sasha much less than either Fred or Don, I spoke to him only a few
times, but it makes me sad all the same.

I met Don so long ago I can't remember, but I always felt we were friends,
more than colleagues, especially since the Xindao conference,where we
talked a lot... he gave me guidance when I needed and when we met, at all
the polychaete conferences, it was with pleasure. He is also a pillar of
the polychaete knowledge of the XXth century and formed so many students...
It is certainly a pity not to see him back at Los Angeles next year, and to
honor him as he deserved in that occasion. I will miss him very much and
extend my condoleances to his family

Vivianne Solis-Weiss