Do you NOT want your address distributed???

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Mon Apr 22 17:26:27 EST 1991

>  We get enough junk e-mail so do we really need private, junk e-mail.
>
>  All that said, I could care less if my e-mail address is given out.
>  It's really easy to delete unwanted messages.

Bruce,

The request was from a subscriber who simply wanted to be able to
contact other researchers privately; no one is trying to get the list
to sell you something.  Nonetheless I routinely hesitate to give out
people's addresses without alerting them first.

I should add, however, that now that the newsgroup is distributed at
four separate sites by e-mail and also over USENET, it is not a
trivial task to keep track of everyone who reads it.  I am not sure
whether this kind of list distribution will be done on a regular
basis.

Dave