[ Beverley_Green@mtsg.ubc.c: Database for Arabidopsis. ]

Thu Apr 18 13:06:25 EST 1991

I'm passing this on to the list, but this is an example of the
BIOSCI-REQUEST problem that I noted yesterday.  The message came to me
instead of the newsgroup.  I will of course simply pass these on if
this happens, but please check to make sure that your reply is
addressed to one of the following addresses if it appears to be coming
from "BIOSCI-REQUEST" as explained in more detail in my note of
yesterday.

Address                               Location        Network
-------                               --------        -------
arab-gen at irlearn.ucd.ie               Ireland         EARN/BITNET
arab-gen at uk.ac.daresbury              U.K.            JANET
arab-gen at bmc.uu.se                    Sweden          Internet
arab-gen at genbank.bio.net              U.S.A.          Internet/BITNET

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager

				kristoff at genbank.bio.net
                ---------------

Date: Thu, 18 Apr 91 10:33:52 PDT
From: Beverley_Green at mtsg.ubc.ca
To: BIOSCI-REQUEST
Subject: Database for Arabidopsis.

A really good program for any kind of record-keeping is NotebookII put out by
Pro/tem Software, Stanford, CA. Fields can be expanded as you need them up to
about 64K. It is also very useful for references--you can put all the comments
you want on them! The program comes with Bibliography, which will sort through
your manuscript and your reference file and make you a bibliography, and
Convert which enables you to set up a file for converting database literature
searches to your reference file format, e.g. we get Current Contents on
diskette, save the PIC file in the Dialog/Medline format, and then convert it
to Notebook format. Our computing centre has a site license: all three programs
bundled cost about $115 (Can). Maybe we could get an Arabidopsis "deal"?
Beverley Green, U.B.C.