(none)

Maarten.Koornneef at celgen.el.wau.nl Maarten.Koornneef at celgen.el.wau.nl
Mon Apr 29 02:50:46 EST 1991

Dear arabidopsis networkers.
Sometimes people write me to ask permission for the use of Arabidopsis
genotypes that originally come from our department but which they can get now
from a collegue.
Since I prefer to do some experiments instead of doing secretary work all the
time I would like to use the network by saying once more that I have mailed
around all seed material without restrictions for their use and further
distribution.  The only thing I (sometimes) ask is a proper reference to the
origin of the material . In addition do I appreciate it when people send me
preprints and reprints of papers where they used our material. Of course I do
not like it when people complain that their second hand seeds are not
anymore what they should be.
We have been sending around many seed samples, which together with answering
the letters was , for the many years we did this,quite a job for our small
group (one part time scientist (myself) and my technician Corrie Hanhart. We hav
   e sent all monogenic mutants, multiple marker lines and
trisomics to the professional resource centers of Prof Kranz in Frankfurt and
of Dr Mulligan in Nottingham where you can request for them (again without
restrictions). We do not have anymore all different alleles that we
published in the early eighties when Arabidopsis was not popular yet and we
did not feel it our job to multoply the seeds every few years for nobody.