Do you NOT want your address distributed???

Bruce Roe BROE at AARDVARK.UCS.UOKNOR.EDU
Mon Apr 22 14:02:00 EST 1991

 Dave Kristofferson Posted the following:

=> I received a request from one of the subscribers over the weekend for
=> the ARABIDOPSIS mailing list, and Chris Somerville just informed me
=> this morning that he routinely posted this about every six months.
=> Our usual policy on BIOSCI has been not to distribute mailing lists
=> unless getting permission first.  Accordingly I would like to know if
=> anyone does NOT want their e-mail address released.  I shall proceed
=> under the assumption that silence implies consent.
=>
 Dave,

 I don't understand why someone would want an e-mail list of subscribers.
 That's why we have the BB'd.  If someone wants to post a message to the
 subscribers then just post it to the bbd.

 Also, any list of subscribers may not be valid for very long if new
 folks subscribe and others un-subscribe.

 We get enough junk e-mail so do we really need private, junk e-mail.

 All that said, I could care less if my e-mail address is given out.
 It's really easy to delete unwanted messages.

 --bruce