arab postdoc position

Peter Quail pquail at ENZYME.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Jul 30 17:00:48 EST 1991

Dear Colleague:

I am seeking your aid in bringing attention to suitable individuals
for a post-doctoral position in my laboratory starting as early as
January 1, 1992.

Beginning in January 1992, I will join the faculty of the Department
of Biology at Yale University.  My research interests are the molecular
mechanisms of how higher plants regulate their growth and development in
seedling development of Arabidopsis thaliana has been used as model
system.  Currently, seven cop (constitutive photomorphogenic) loci have been identified which wh
been identified which when mutated produce dark-grown seedlings with a
morphology resembling that of light-grown wild-type seedlings.  Some
studies on one of those loci, cop1, have been published (Genes Dev. 5, 11
1172-1182, 1991). Future research will be a continuation of the cuurent
studies.

Interested individuals are encouraged to contact me for further information.

My address until 01-01-92 is
	UCB/USDA Plant Gene Expression Center
	800 Buchanan Street
	Albany, CA 94710