Problems with one ARAB-GEN BIOSCI node

Mon Jul 22 21:10:10 EST 1991

It was called to my attention today that there have been some problems
with one of the BIOSCI distribution sites (see edited version of
private mail below).  I want to assure all of you that I will do
everything in my power to provide a high level of service.  If any of
the readers of the newsgroup is having problems, please feel free to
report them directly to biosci at genbank.bio.net which is monitored by
me or my delegated representative when I am away.

Comments from a user:

> At one point, for several days, we weren't getting any messages and it
> was only when I complained that they found that arab-gen was no longer
> being sent out from the XXX node (XXX)!  Subscribers also seem to
> disappear from the list at random.  Then there's the address-list
> problem....  No chance of MSU taking it back?!

I have contacted the BIOSCI node in question to investigate this
further.  I should note that if anyone's address creates a problem and
starts bouncing mail we have a policy of removing it from the mailing
list.  It is your responsibility to contact one of the biosci
addresses and sign up again (see below).  Also as I mentioned in an
earlier posting, I will take steps to produce an address list.

Address                               Location        Network
-------                               --------        -------
biosci at irlearn.ucd.ie                 Ireland         EARN/BITNET
biosci at uk.ac.daresbury                U.K.            JANET
biosci at bmc.uu.se                      Sweden          Internet
biosci at genbank.bio.net                U.S.A.          Internet/BITNET

My closing comment is that this information took a bit of a circuitous
route to reach me.  PLEASE, if there is a problem, notify your local
BIOSCI node immediately and feel free to let me know if the problem
persists.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager