(none)

U6525069 at ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au U6525069 at ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jun 21 01:07:00 EST 1991

Dear Network
We have isolated a mutant which is sensitive to cadmium. The mutant
phenotype is expressed in callus so we are contemplating attempting to
clone the gene by complementation of the mutant. We are thinking of
constructing a mini library, either from YACs in the region of the gene
or from size purification of appropriate large fragments on CHEF gels, in
a binary cosmid vector. Has anyone attempted this approach with any other
selectable phenotype? Are there vectors which are especially suitable?
Can anyone send me one please? Any general suggestions would be
appreciated.
Chris Cobbett