Test message for BIOSCI Arabidopsis list

Mon Mar 25 20:25:10 EST 1991

As you probably have been informed by Chris Somerville, the
Arabidopsis mailing list is becoming part of the BIOSCI newsgroups.
Everything should be in place in about a week, maybe sooner.
Currently, I have received the address list from Chris and have placed
all subscriptions on genbank.bio.net.  This message will test the
validity of the addresses (NO NEED TO REPLY!).  There are three other
BIOSCI sites in Europe and I am awaiting confirmation of the list
installation from them.  Following are the administrative addresses
for each BIOSCI node:

Address					Location	Network
-------					--------	-------
biosci at irlearn.ucd.ie			Ireland		EARN/BITNET
biosci at uk.ac.daresbury			U.K.		JANET
biosci at bmc.uu.se			Sweden		Internet
biosci at genbank.bio.net			U.S.A. 		Internet/BITNET

When I receive word that the list is ready at the other three sites I
will transfer subscriptions as follows:

UK subscribers to uk.ac.daresbury

Scandinavian subscribers to bmc.uu.se

all other European subscribers to irlearn.ucd.ie

remainder to stay at genbank.bio.net.

This will minimize the amount of transatlantic network traffic.

Along with the mailing lists, a USENET newsgroup
bionet.genome.arabidopsis has been formed.  If you can receive this
group on USENET, please let me know so that I can cancel your e-mail
subscription.  I would encourage as many people as possible to switch
to USENET news over e-mail, but this is obviously not mandatory.

More information will be posted when everything is ready.  In the
interim, please continue to use the mailing list at MSU.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager

				kristoff at genbank.bio.net