newsgroup/newsletter

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Tue Nov 5 19:23:04 EST 1991

>    There have been a couple of requests for a file of all the messages
> proposing solutions to a certain problem. Maybe that would be more helpful

Hello all,

	A glut of GenBank work has kept me heavily occupied lately and
I am struggling to get caught back up with BIOSCI issues.  I have no
opinion (or even a right to express one here) on the desirability of a
newsletter, but I just wanted to remind everyone that all messages
posted to this newsgroup are on file for anonymous FTP from
genbank.bio.net in pub/BIOSCI/ARABIDOPSIS/1991.  Also for the very
small minority of people (maybe zero in this community) that have
access to WAIS software, the BIOSCI archives here can be searched for
any text string which allows one to retrieve old postings of interest.
Graphics is obviously still lacking, but even here it is possible to
put up files for FTP that can be converted back into, e.g., Macintosh
graphics, on your local computer.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager

				kristoff at genbank.bio.net

P.S. - Please don't ask me right now to elaborate on the above (at
least not until I get caught up with current work).  I will also get
the ARABIDOPSIS mailing list posted to this group later this month.