newsgroup/newsletter

BERLYN at YALEMED.BITNET BERLYN at YALEMED.BITNET
Tue Oct 29 14:52:00 EST 1991

I agree with Peter Day that, at least for those in the newsgroup, the
newsletter is not worth doing. "Communicating useful experimental observations"
is what the newsgroup seems to do best, in response to inquiries, and
very speedily.  What was the international advisory group's reason for
wanting one?  To extend this kind of communication to investigators without
electronic access?  To encourage lengthier or broader descriptions, not so
frequently tied to specific inquiries? The latter could be done on the net
except for the Figures, and I again agree with Peter that adding Figs. is
not sufficient justification.  (Anyway, most of the Figs. I see in most
of the Newsletters that cross my desk are photos of Important People
involved in the projects of interest to or providing sponsorhip for
(i.e., sponsorship for) the producer of the Newsletter.)
Mary Berlyn