Arabidopsis newsletter

Chris.Somerville 21847CRS at MSU.EDU
Tue Oct 29 13:21:00 EST 1991

 At the recent meeting of the multinational steering committee in Tucson it
was agreed that we should organise an international newsletter to complement
this newsgroup.  The main point of having a newsletter would seem to be to
communicate useful experimental observations and related information. By
having it on paper we could have figures and photos which are currently hard
to do on line.

 I have identified a non-scientist who will act as a managing editor and will
organize the publication of the newsletter without charge three times a year.
The Ohio Resource Center has offered to publish and distribute the newsletter
without charge.  Therefore, what we currently need in order to make this
happen is a small group of dedicated people who will act as editors for the
newsletter.  The main function of an editor would probably be to solicit,
receive and edit (if necessary) submissions to the newsletter. It would be
best to have at least one person from Japan and Australia in addition to
several Europeans and several North Americans so that we can receive "local
news and meeting reports" etc.

If you would like to participate as an editor (or any other capacity) please
let me know.  If you have any ideas about the organization, content, format or
anything else, please post a response to this newsgroup.  Does anyone think
this is not worth doing?

                     Chris Somerville