Arabidopsis newsletter

June Medford JIM2 at PSUVM.PSU.EDU
Wed Oct 30 17:24:00 EST 1991

A number of recent replies to Chris Somerville's note about an Arabidopsis
newsletter have expressed concern about it's utility.  A general point was
made that the information could all be done electronically. I support that an
electronic file be made, especially of things like seed sterilization and
transformation method.  However, I also see a NEED for a hardcopy format.
For example, my laboratory is focusing on vegetative meristems.  Often
pieces of useful information were published 30-40 years ago in a non-reviewed
format. Since computers and electronic information is continuously changing,
an electronic format  could become a conversion nightmare.  The newsletter
would allow those bits and pieces of information which may seem irrelavant now
to be saved in a format that may (or may not) be better for future studies.

                                    June Medford