bionet archive

Klaus v. Knoblauch knoblauch at
Thu Sep 5 09:51:02 EST 1991

Recently there was a posting in this newsgroup, regarding an
archive of the bionet-newsgroups, beeing held for FTP at
I've tried *several* times, but only at the day of that posting
i was able to establish a connection to this machine. *all* other
attempts resulted in the errormessage i'm pasting below. Is there
anyone around, who can help me with respect to this?
%UCX-E-FTP_NETERR, I/O error on network device
-SYSTEM-F-TIMEOUT, device timeout

A second question with respect to this archive's: i read a lot about
'WAIS'-software to retrieve this kind of information. as far as i
could follow this, WAIS seems to run on MAC's. Is this or similar
software available for VMS (or MSDOS), and does anyone know of a
FTP-site to obtain it?

PS: if someone, who collected the past items in this newsgroup, could
   mail me those, it would be great, too.

			Klaus v. Knoblauch

InterNet Adress:  Knoblauch at
EAN-Adress     :  Knoblauch at
More Sophisticated Sig.-File to Follow, Standart Disclaimers included