Late flowering

ELIZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU ELIZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU
Mon Sep 9 18:39:00 EST 1991

Dear Network,

	As is often the case, we have identified a mutant plant of interest, but it refuses to flower.  It was planted over 3 months ago and its cohort flowered two months ago.  It appears healthy, but just continues to produce leaves.
We have tried the following: 1) continuous light for a week, 2) 4 C for a week.
Neither of these treatments seemed to have encouraged reproduction.
	Does anyone have any suggestions for getting recalcitrant plants to
flower?
	Would puting a leaf in culture be of any help? If so - how can we do
this and get it to flower.
	ANy advice would be happily received.  It's nice to have found a
mutant, but if it has a 6 month life cycle we've lost a few advantages of
working with the wonder weed.
	Thanks.  Elizabeth Vierling  Bitnet  ELIZ at ARIZRVAX