protein sequence homology

benfey at ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER.EDU benfey at ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER.EDU
Wed Apr 8 12:03:56 EST 1992

We have a deduced protein sequence for which we have not yet found any
significant homology.  Does anyone know of someone who is good at looking
at protein sequence and determining structural (e.g. membrane spanning
segments) or functional (e.g. kinase domains) that wouldn't show up in
a simple homology search?  Also, by now there must be a number of
sequenced plant genes that have no homology and have not yet been
published.  Is there any interest in finding a central neutral
repository for such so that we can all compare with each other and
see if some interesting things show up?  If there is interest I would be happy to
to try to organize this.

Philip Benfey