Election results

Chris.Somerville 21847CRS at MSU.EDU
Thu Apr 9 19:25:00 EST 1992

Five nominees received a clear majority, three others were tied for the 6th
position.  Therefore, we need to have a "runnoff" for this position which will
be announced in a separate notice.

The five elected members are Fred Ausubel, Joanne Chory, Joe Ecker, Elliot
Meyerowitz, Chris Somerville

The three tied nominees are Mark Estelle, Howard Goodman, Dave Meinke

My thanks to all those who agreed to let their name stand, to the large number
of people who voted, and particularly to Dave Kristofferson who made it work.
I think this is a useful step forward in generating a truly representative
"voice" for the community.  I hope that when you have an idea about something
that should or could be done by a quasi organized group, you will contact one
of the members of the committee and inform them.

Chris Somerville, for the NA Arabidopsis Committee