Postdoctoral position

Luca Comai comai at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Tue Aug 25 17:19:04 EST 1992

Dear Network,
please bring the following ad to the attention of suitable candidates.
Luca Comai

Postdoctoral position: chromatin-organizing regions and gene regulation

A POSTDOCTORAL POSITION is available to study chromatin organization and
gene regulation in plants. We have identified DNA regions that may
organize chromatin domains. These elements, isolated from tomato, bind to
chromosomal scaffolds in vitro and, in transgenic plants, affect gene
expression positively or negatively depending on their configuration. The
objectives are to characterize these elements and their function by
physical and genetic studies. We use Arabidopsis as the model system for
transgenic work and genetic analysis.

Starting date is as soon as possible. Strong background in molecular
biology or genetics is required. Send CV and ask three people to write
letters to:

Luca Comai,
Botany Department KB-15
University of Washington