female sterile mutant

BETZNER at RSBS0.ANU.EDU.AU BETZNER at RSBS0.ANU.EDU.AU
Tue Aug 4 14:33:18 EST 1992

we have identified at BIOCEM PACIFIC (Canberra, Australia) a female sterile muta
nt of Arabidopsis th.. The mutant phenotype segregates as a single recessive
marker and is very likely caused by either Ac or T-DNA insertion. Is there
anybody who has a similar mutant (preferentially mapped), which we could use for
 complementation studies? Our mutant has the following phenotype:
carpels (2) generally fail to fuse and to generate stigma-related structures;
even if carpel fusion occurs, a functional stigma is never made; carpels usually
 develop ovaries or ovary-like structures.

Andreas Betzner
Biocem Pacific
Research School of Biological Sciences
Australian National University