Glabrous Trait in Columbia

Fred Lehle 75070.2510 at CompuServe.COM
Thu Dec 10 17:17:46 EST 1992

December 10, 1992
Dear Arabidopsis Networkers,
SUBJECT:   GLABROUS TRAIT IN COLUMBIA

LEHLE SEEDS sells two Columbia wild type backgrounds, one
which is glabrous (cat. no. WT-1A) and one which carries
no markers (cat. no. WT-2).  The glabrous trait of WT-1A has
always been attributed to the gl1 mutation.  Several of
our customers asked for confirmation of this so we crossed
our WT-1A background to another strain known to contain gl1.
Results indicated that all F1 plants (11 were examined)
were glabrous.  All 84 F2 progeny randomly selected from
the 11 F1 families were also glabrous.  We conclude
that the glabrous marker in our cat. no. WT-1A is gl1.
We use cat. no. WT-1A as the background for the following
mutated seed products:

                                         Mutation
Cat. no.        Description              Batch #   Comment

M2E-1A          EMS M2 Columbia            89C     Retired
M2E-1A-1        EMS M2 Columbia            89D     Retired
M2E-1A-2        EMS M2 Columbia            92G     Available
M2E-1A-3        EMS M2 Columbia            92K     Available
M2F-1A-1        Fast Neutron M2 Columbia   92D     Available

Note: Cat. no. M2F-1A-1 was formally identified as simply M2F-1.

Sincerely,      Fred Lehle
                LEHLE SEEDS, 3819 S Evans #307, Tucson AZ 85714 USA
                Email: 75070.2510 at COMPUSERVE.COM
                Telephone: 602-889-3339  FAX: 602-889-3403