Andreas Muller (1935-1992)

BTNYDWM at MVS.UCC.OKSTATE.EDU BTNYDWM at MVS.UCC.OKSTATE.EDU
Wed Dec 16 18:12:00 EST 1992

To the Arabidopsis Community:

Today I received the following "In memoriam" for
Dr. Andreas Muller from the acting director of the
Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research
at Gatersleben:

"It is with regret that we announce the sudden death of our
longstanding colleague.  Through his achievements, over three
decades in Gatersleben, he greatly enhanced the international
reptutation of the Institute.  His pioneering work with the
crucifer Arabidopsis and the genetics of somatic plant cells
has made a significant contribution to the field of plant
genetics.  We will miss Andreas Muller deeply as a friend,
colleague and scientist."

I too will miss one of the important pioneers in Arabidopsis
research.

David Meinke