Plant Molecular Bio. Fellow

Rob Last Rob_Last at QMRELAY.MAIL.CORNELL.EDU
Thu Dec 31 11:35:20 EST 1992

                       Subject:                               Time:11:28 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Plant Molecular Bio. Fellowships       Date:12/31/92
Dear Colleagues,
We are soliciting your comments concerning the NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship
Program in Plant Biology.  At a recent meeting on plant biochemistry, several
scientists emphasized the importance of these fellowships for attracting new
researchers into the plant sciences.  We wish to convey to NSF, and the rest of
the scientific community, the impact that this program has had on increasing
the overall quality of plant molecular biology by attracting high quality,
productive scientists from other areas into the field of plant biology.  We
would appreciate receiving your comments on the NSF fellowship program, both
pro and con.  Please send your
comments concerning this program to Rob Last: by Fax: (607) 254-1242; Mail:
Boyce Thompson Institute, Cornell University, Tower Rd.. Ithaca, NY
14853-1801, or Email: rob_last at qmrelay.mail.cornell.edu, before February 1,
1993. We will then write a consensus letter reflecting the comments that we
receive about the NSF plant postdoctoral program for
submission to one of the American plant molecular biology journals.
Thank you for your input on this important program.  Please distrubute this
posting to any interested colleagues.
Sincerely,
Gloria Coruzzi, New York University
Robert Last, Boyce Thompson Institute