inhibitors of protein/RNA synthesis

Sarah.Gilmour 22676SJG at MSU.EDU
Fri Feb 28 12:21:00 EST 1992

I am interested in finding protocols for inhibiting protein and RNA synthesis
in vivo in Arabidopsis. Specifically, I am interested in learning the
appropritate concentrations of inhibitors such as, but not limited to,
cyclohexamide and actinomycin D to use on intact plants, and the time it takes
after treatment before one can expect to detect the inhibition. Also, I am
interested in protocols that allow one to quantitate the effectiveness of the
inhibitors, ie. how to use S35 Met and tritiated uracil to determine if the
concentration of the inhibitors and the timing of the treatments were
appropriate. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks. Dave Horvath
MFT at CLVAX1.CL.MSU.EDU