IN SITU HYBRIDIZATIONS

DANIELS at NORTHEASTERN.EDU DANIELS at NORTHEASTERN.EDU
Fri Feb 14 09:57:00 EST 1992

	I have been working with in situ hybridizations techniques with
Arabidopsis for some time now, using both 35S- and digoxigenin labelled
riboprobes and oligos.  I have had some successes, some failures, but
am mostly making progress with the technique.  Digoxigenin labelled probes
can be tricky, but I will be happy to share my protocols with anyone
who is interested.
	A good starting point is the paper by Bochenek and Hirsch in
Plant Molecular Biology Reporter 8(4): 237-248.  "In-Situ Hybridization
of Nodulin mRNAs in Root Nodules Using Non-Radioactive Probes" (1990).

	Dan Scheirer

	Department of Biology
	Northeastern University
	Boston, MA 02115

	e-mail = "Daniels at NUHUB.ACS.Northeastern.edu"
	phone = 617-437-2256
	FAX = 671-437-3724