Short-day Arabidopsis

BI1RGW at UK.AC.SHEFFIELD.IBM BI1RGW at UK.AC.SHEFFIELD.IBM
Wed Jul 15 05:53:48 EST 1992

To get nice big rosettes, we grow our plants under an 8-hour day. This delays
flowering until the end of the 2nd month of growth, and the rosettes get as
big as 10cm across w/o any sign of flowering. I suspect that day-lengths any
shorter than this would be asking too much of the plants.

Of course, you could use one of the late-flowering mutants to prolong vege-
tative growth.

Robin Walters                      Robert Hill Institute
                                   University of Sheffield
BI1RGW at IBM.SHEF.AC.UK              P.O. Box 594
                                   Sheffield S10 2UH.
+44 (0)742 768555 X4244            UK