species-specific promoters

Luca Comai comai at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed Jul 8 20:56:36 EST 1992

Dear Network,
Are there species-specific promoters? I would like to know of published or
anecdotal instances of a promoter that works well when reintroduced in the
plant species of origin, but displays altered regulation or no function
when introduced into a different genus.
	I would also like to keep a tally of the opposite case, that is,
of no significant differences being found. So, if you have tested a
promoter in the species of origin and in a different genus, let me know
the result. I will send a summary message to the network with the ratio of
weird to normal promoters.
	I am aware of problems encountered with monocot promoters in
dicots. However, I am interested mainly in dicot promoters moved to other
dicots.
		Many thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Luca Comai