engineered foods

Luca Comai comai at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed Jul 8 20:29:22 EST 1992

Dear Network,
I am writing a review article entitled "The impact of genetic engineering
on foods and nutrition". I am trying to be as complete as possible. I will
cover the following topics: enhanced shelf life (delayed ripening, delayed
senescence, antifreeze compounds), altered lipids, improved nutritional
qualities (storage proteins, soluble organic molecules), improved flavor
and colors, altered starches, and removal of undesirable compounds.
	I would like to know 1) of any topic that I am ignoring, 2) of
recent developments that are approaching publication, and 3) of any
existing literature you have authored that cover these areas. Reprints and
preprints would be most welcome.
	Many thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Luca Comai