Healthy plants

chualab at ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER.EDU chualab at ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER.EDU
Fri Jul 3 10:22:20 EST 1992

Mary,
We've had very similar experience to George Karlin-Neumann with Orthene,
Resmethrin and the Safer soaps.  The organophosphates are rough on fresh
crosses, in particular.  For persistent infestations or with especially
sensitive plants, we sometimes quarantine a growth chamber, spray it as
much as the plants will support, then completely eliminate the insects with
several sprayings when all plants have been discarded.  Not so easy for
greenhouses, I imagine.  Good luck, Andrew Millar.