Timentin Users

LAZO,GERARD glazo at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Thu Jun 25 11:56:00 EST 1992

The instructions on the bottle of Timentin read:

         "DO NOT STORE THIS SOLUTION
           FOR MORE THAN 6 HOURS AT
            ROOM TEMPERATURE OR 72
          HOURS UNDER REFRIGERATION."

The stock when made is 200 mg/ml ticarcillin and
6.7 mg/ml clavulanic acid.  I keep my stock at
this concentration and keep it at -80C until needed
and it seems to work alright.  Has anyone noticed a
dramatic loss in antibiotic potency when Timentin is
exposed to the above mentioned temperatures found on
the side of the bottle?

The dry powder can apparently be stored at room temperature,
or below, until the presumed expiration date.

Gerard R. Lazo               /\     //====== glazo at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Plant Biology Division      // \   //            LAB: 405-221-7376
The S.R. Noble Foundation, Inc. \ //======           FAX: 405-221-7380
Ardmore, Oklahoma 73402   //     \/                      MSG: 405-223-5810