NSF policy

MEEKSW at MOLBIO.UOREGON.EDU MEEKSW at MOLBIO.UOREGON.EDU
Fri May 22 12:41:00 EST 1992

The discussion on the network regarding the NSF no-dup policy has clearly
indicated that this is a complex issue that influences not only our individual
funding, but perhaps the funding for plant sciences as a whole.  While I believe
that we should each express our own concerns to NSF, I also think that this
provides an opportunity for using our steering committee to present a more
focused response to NSF with regard to the impact of this policy on plant
biology.  Such a response could also include suggestions, such as those
presented by Chris and Hong, that NSF could consider as adjustments to the
new policy.  Thus, I support Chris' suggestion that the steering committee
draw up a response to the stated NSF policy, and then allow comment on this
statement prior to submitting it to NSF.

Ry