plant control probe

Euan R. Taylor etaylor at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Mon May 11 11:14:44 EST 1992

help
we are looking for a control probe for northwern blots (poly A) to control
for loading so aomething like GAPDH would be best. Im told Actin isnt
such a good control in plants. We are looking at changes in specific transcripts

If anyone has or knows of a source for a suitable probe please let us know
via the board or by Email. We are working on barley but anything form a plant
would be an improvement on what we have now.
Any help much appreciated.
E taylor

ps we dont really want riboisomal controls because of variations in the
efficiency of poly A selection.

Email address Etaylor at ccu.umanitoba.ca

E Taylor
Dept. Plant Science