Non-lethal GUS assay

James J. Campanella jjc4 at PO.CWRU.EDU
Fri Nov 6 18:38:41 EST 1992

I have co-transfected some Arabidopsis cells with Gus and another

gene that I am interested in. My one question to the net is whether

I can treat my cells with an X-gluc soln and expect them to survive

the staining treatment? In other words can Arabidopsis cells be

stained non-lethally with X-gluc? I want to be able to isolate the

transformed loci that show Gus activity and remove them to be grown

on a new plate of selective medium.