call for papers to RICE GENOME newsletter

Guest2 Yuzo Minobe minobe at RTCS0.RIKEN.GO.JP
Wed Nov 11 03:46:37 EST 1992

Please distribute freely.

CALL FOR PAPERS TO NEWSLETTER RRICE GENOMES

29. OCTOBER  1992
The Japanese Rice Genome Research Program (RGP) produced the first issue of its
Newsletter, titled RRice GenomeS last July, and distributed it to ca. 1800 peopl
e in 25 countries. We are now preparing the second issue. We cordially invite Yo
u to submit material for publication in RRice GenomeS.

We can include short articles or announcements (maximum 4 double-spaced pages +
one table + one figure) relevant to the rice genome research community in Japan
and other countries. We welcome papers on organization and research plans of var
ious plant genome mapping groups, advertisements of newsletters and other inform
ation sources (handbooks, electronic bulletin boards, databases), announcements
of forthcoming conferences, advertisements of funding agencies, etc.

We would be especially happy to include material enhancing international coopera
tive research efforts for rice genome analysis and for the isolation and utiliza
tion of useful rice genes in plant breeding and biotechnology.

Please submit Your material for consideration by electronic mail (Internet addre
ss: minobe at rtcs0.riken.go.jp). If that is not possible, use fax for fast communi
cation (fax number: +81-298-38-7468).

Submission deadlines:
16. November 1992 (for second issue, vol. 1, n:o 2, 1992)
31. March 1993 (for third issue, vol. 2, n:o 1, 1993)

Yours sincerely
                                                        Ilkka Havukkala
Dr. Ilkka Havukkala
Editorial Office of RRice GenomeS newsletter
Rice Genome Research Program (RGP)
National Institute of Agrobiological Resources
2-1-2, Kannondai, Tsukuba
Ibaraki 305, Japan
Fax: +81-298-38-7468
e-mail (Internet): minobe at rtcs0.riken.go.jp