POSTDOCTORAL POSITION

Jean-Claude Barbet barbet at tournesol.versailles.inra.fr
Mon Oct 12 12:15:43 EST 1992

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION OPEN

in the "Arabidopsis Molecular Genetics" group (Group leader
Jerome Giraudat), Institut des Sciences Vegetales (Director Adam
Kondorosi), CNRS, Gif sur Yvette, France.

Our Institute, which is located in a multidisciplinary research
campus of the Paris area, is composed of 5 research groups
working on various aspects of plant molecular and cellular
biology.

Our group is primarily studying the molecular mechanisms of
action of the phytohormone abscisic acid: cloning and
characterization of the abi (abscisic acid-insensitive) loci of
Arabidopsis, and analysis of a drought adaptive response at the
root level in Arabidopsis. In the last 6 months, we have also
developped the characterization of Expressed Sequence Tags (EST)
of the Arabidopsis genome: partial sequencing, and ultimately
mapping, of cDNAs. This project is part of an ongoing integrated
French effort which comprises of 8 different labs, and will soon
(EEC decision pending) be part of the multinational Arabidopsis
genome project of the EEC BIOTECH program.

We are looking for a postdoctoral scientist which would take the
leadership of the team working on the EST project within our
group. Besides this responsibility, the candidate would have the
time and the facilities to take part in one of the other ongoing
projects, or to develop an additional project (to be discussed
according to his personal interests), within the group.

As for the EST project, the candidate will benefit from at least
a senior technician, one (or more) student, an automatic
sequenator, and all necessary computer facilities.

Please contact:

Dr. Jerome Giraudat
Institut des Sciences Vegetales
CNRS
91198 Gif sur Yvette CEDEX
France

Phone: (33-1) 69 82 36 22
FAX:   (33-1) 69 82 36 95
E-mail: EARN/BITNET  GIRAUDAT at FRCITI51.BITNET