Plastid/Mito. isoenzyme

Vance Baird vance_baird at QUICKMAIL.CLEMSON.EDU
Tue Oct 27 07:58:29 EST 1992

                       Subject:                               Time:7:52 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Plastid/Mito. isoenzyme                Date:10/27/92
Is there a "universally" accepted isoenzyme(s) marker for plastids and one  for
mitochondria?  I am trying to identify the "compartment" occupied by duplicated
isozyme gene products (e.g., IDH and 6-PGD) and when I have no activity on a
starch gel for my "plastid" or "mito" fractions I would like to "stain" for a
specific marker isoenzyme just to be ~assured that conditions are correct for
general isozyme activity.  Thank you.
Vance_Baird at Quickmail.Clemson.EDU
803/656-4960 (FAX)
803/656-4953 (voice)