Status of ARABIDOPSIS newsgroup

Tue Sep 15 13:37:02 EST 1992

Thanks to those who sent me copies of the repeated messages.  The
problem appears to have been with our mailer and it appears that the
mail system did not "believe" that the messages were correctly
received at remote sites.  This has not happened previously and
appears to have corrected itself as of Saturday afternoon.  Only the
ARABIDOPSIS mailing list appears to have been affected which is also
puzzling.  As we are extremely busy shutting down GenBank here, I am
not going to investigate this rather random event further unless it
recurs.

As was posted on bionet.announce/BIONEWS, our computer genbank.bio.net
will shut down after 29 September.  The genbank.bio.net host name will
be forwarded to our new machine which is called net.bio.net, so the
current posting address arab-gen at genbank.bio.net will continue to
work.  However, the official address after 29 Sept. will be

arab-gen at net.bio.net

and we recommend that you begin to use it in October if you particpate
in the ARABIDOPSIS group via e-mail.  The subscription
request/cancellation address will likewise change to

biosci at net.bio.net

Please do not send subscription mail to the newsgroup or to my
personal e-mail address.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager