codon usage in nuclear relative to chloroplast genes

ZIMMERE at SIMSC.BITNET ZIMMERE at SIMSC.BITNET
Fri Sep 11 18:14:00 EST 1992

Dear Netters:

I am trying to get some info for a colleague:

Is there anything published cf. codon usage in plant nuclear genes relative
to plant chloroplast genes.  Specifically, my colleague Bruce Kirchoff is
interested in codon usage in monocots, particularly plants related to the
Zingiberales .  We have chloroplast gene sequence for rbcL for that group,
so we are particularly interested in whether the rbcL codon usage is
similar /predictive for nuclear genes of same organism?  Will usage
be a function of tissue/developmental stage?  If so, he is interested
in floral/inflorescence genes?

Thanks for the info.  I will try to post summary of responses.

--Liz Zimmer, Smithsonian Lab of Molecular Systematics
"Zimmere at simsc.bitnet"