Arabidopsis root culture

BRIAN at BIO.TAMU.EDU BRIAN at BIO.TAMU.EDU
Sat Sep 12 09:21:57 EST 1992

Does anyone have a good protocol for continuous in vitro culture of
Arabidopsis roots?.  I have grown cultures on a shaker from seed
germinated in MS liquid that are mostly root (the shoot remains
relatively small and misshapen in liquid), but when I subculture the
roots by themselves to a fresh flask they do not grow well.  I assume
the shoot is providing essential components to the root
(phytohormones?) that perhaps can be supplied exogenously.  Any
information will be appreciated.

Brian Taylor, Department of Biology, Texas A&M University
e-mail: Brian at bio.tamu.edu  Telephone (409)845-7754 FAX (-2891)