Try the AAtDB Gopher

Chris.Somerville 21847CRS at MSU.EDU
Mon Sep 7 23:27:00 EST 1992

 I just tried out the AAtDB Gopher described earlier today by Mike Cherry and
I heartily recommend that everyone on the newsgroup take the time to figure
out how to use it.  It is extremely simple and very useful.  In particular, it
will give you access to all the old postings and the most current genetic
map(s) - including the YAC and cosmid contigs.  This is a tremendous service
to the community and I applaud Mike, Sam, Howard and colleagues for making it
available.

 Here are the steps I use to get on via a Western Digital ethernet connection
to my PC.

 Step 1. Type WD8003
         (This activates the program that permits communication with the
mainframe computer)

 Step 2. Type tnvt ochre.mgh.harvard.edu
         (tnvt.exe is a program that activates the telnet protocol. The
program may vary on your computer but it will look something like that.  The
result is that the MGH computer will ask you for the login (username) and
password.  Just type in ghopher and thaliana as per Mike's instructions and
you should be in and have a menu). If you get junk, type something like
alt-F10 then QUIT to close the connection.  OTherwise just follow
instructions.

 Have fun, Chris