Toby Bradshaw toby at
Fri Apr 2 10:34:15 EST 1993

In article <1993Apr2.104813.79639 at> sibbald at writes:
>To date a number of chloroplast genomes have been sequenced. A few
>years ago there were plans to sequence the entire chloroplast genome
>from a conifer. Has anybody got any news about what has been done to
>date in this regard?
>NOTE: This was previously posted to bionet.plants and bionet.agroforestry.
>I am reposting it hear since there was no reponse to the original
>postings. Apologies to those who have seen it before.

I saw this in b.p but figured that someone more knowledgeable than I
would answer it.  As far as I know, nobody is sequencing and entire
cpDNA from a conifer.  Steve Strauss at Oregon State University has
probably mapped and sequenced them as much as anybody; his email
address is strauss at

Toby Bradshaw                       |
Department of Biochemistry          |  Will make genetic linkage maps
and College of Forest Resources     |            for food.
University of Washington, Seattle   |
toby at               |