Question using arabidopsis as gene expression system

Jim Holloway holloway at
Fri Apr 2 19:04:46 EST 1993

We are looking for a plant gene expression system and are considering
Arabidopsis and will most likely use Masterson's root transformation
system (unless people have found alternate methods to be superior).
They [Kemper, Plant Cell Reports 10:204, 1992] found Nossen
transformed and regenerated better than Columbia. Would this ecotype
be the best one for our purposes? Is there a more easily transformed
and regenerated ecotype? How can we obtain seed?

Jim Holloway		holloway at