correction to job announcement at OSU

hangarter.1 at OSU.EDU hangarter.1 at OSU.EDU
Mon Apr 19 19:34:08 EST 1993

Dear Colleagues:

I accidentally copied the wrong file when I posted the job announcement for
the plant physiology position last week.  What I posted was an early draft
of the announcement that appeared in Science.  The corrected and final
version of the announcement is attached to the end of this message.

The change that is of most significance is found in the line "Send
curriculum vitae, reprints, statements of research interests and teaching
philosophy, and three letters of references to:".  In the previous posting,
that line asked for names, phone numbers, etc. of referees.  However,
because we want to complete the search quickly, we need to receive the
letters as soon as possible.  So, if you are applying, please ask your
referees to send their letters to us now.

I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused with the earlier message.

Roger Hangarter
(614)292-5501
hangarter.1 at osu.edu
                           Plant Physiology
                       The Ohio State University

We seek a Ph.D. plant physiologist for a 9-month, tenure-track position at
the Assistant Professor level.  The successful applicant shall develop a
modern, externally-funded research program.  Postdoctoral experience is
expected.  This position also requires the direction of graduate students,
the teaching of an advanced course in the person's specialty, and
contributions to the department's lower division offering.   Send
curriculum vitae, reprints, statements of research interests and teaching
philosophy, and three letters of references to: Dr. Roger P. Hangarter,
Search Committee, Department of Plant Biology, The Ohio State University,
1735 Neil Avenue, Columbus, OH  43210 U.S.A.  Review of applications will
begin on April 15 and continue until a suitable candidate is found.  The
Ohio State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era Veterans, disabled veterans, and
the disabled are encouraged to apply are encouraged to apply.