spurr's resin advice

varnum at MOLBIO.UOREGON.EDU varnum at MOLBIO.UOREGON.EDU
Mon Apr 19 14:08:34 EST 1993

   Can anyone give us some sectioning advice?  We are using Spurrs resin to
cut ~3 micron sections of Arabidopsis shoot apices.  We like the quality of
the sections, however we have trouble getting the sections to stick to
glass slides, (they tend to fall off the slides when we stain or mount the
slide).  Unfortuneately, when we have tried to coat the slides (we have
tried agar and vectabond so far) the sections do not lay down flat.  One
solution we are contemplating is to cut 1 micron sections, however if
anyone has other suggestions we would appreciate it.   Thank-you,
                              Susan Varnum