Arabidopsis root culture

cawiah at GARNET.BERKELEY.EDU cawiah at GARNET.BERKELEY.EDU
Thu Apr 29 13:04:12 EST 1993

I have been using the same culture conditions as Melissa Melan except I first
isolate roots from 7-day old seedlings growing on vertically oriented plates.
These roots are cultured as described (MS + 3% sucrose). I subculture the root m
a masses once a week into fresh medium, dividing the mass from one flask into
3 or 4 flasks. These cultures have been growing for several months and I harvest
about 6 grams of tissue each week from 12 flasks.

Mary Williams
Dept. of Plant Biology
UC
Berkeley