Particles and supplies for biolistics

PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU PRAKASH at ACD.TUSK.EDU
Wed Apr 28 15:40:55 EST 1993

Regarding the query from Ron Gafny on how one can get tungsten and gold
particles for biolistics, please try BIORAD COMPANY. You will however find
it very expensive, and I would like to know if there are any other inexpensive
suppliers.

I can however tell you that you can buy the plastic disks and steel meshes
much cheaply than Biorad, from Rumsey Loomis Inc, 1515 Mecklenburg Rd, Ithaca
NY 14850  (for Helium versions).  This company initially provided the material
for Dr. John Sanford's research on helium version of biolistics.  I am unable
to find the phone number of this company but you can get it by calling
607 555 1212 (information).

C. S. prakash
Tuskegee University