Ethylen releasing compound

Jonathan B. Marder MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il
Tue Aug 3 03:47:39 EST 1993

In article <1993Aug2.141501.22497 at gserv1.dl.ac.uk> tonelli at imiucca.csi.unimi.it ("C." Tonelli (Dip. Genetica)) writes:
>Subject: Ethylen releasing compound
>From: tonelli at imiucca.csi.unimi.it ("C." Tonelli (Dip. Genetica))
>Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1993 14:17:13 GMT
>Hi netters,
>I am interested to receive some information about a compound which is used
>to release ethylene topically when applied to plant tissues. Its name sounds
>like Ethephon or something similar.
>Any information as to where I can buy it will be welcome.
>Thank you in advance for your attention.
>Filippo Geuna
>
>e-mail:geuna at imiucca.csi.unimi.it

It also goes by the name Etheral.  Chemical name is:-
                      2-chloroethylphosphonic acid
It is available in crystalline form from Sigma and probably many other
suppliers.
__
Jonathan B. Marder                 '
Department of Agricultural Botany  |     Internet: MARDER at AGRI.HUJI.AC.IL
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | /\/ Bitnet:   MARDER at HUJIAGRI
P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL  /     Fax:      (08 or +9728) 467763